Tuesday, January 5, 2010

16 Weeks Pregnant

We are 16 Weeks pregnant! I heard Sawyer's heartbeat at my check up - how sweet the sound! I have gained 3 pounds for a total of 6 pounds so far. They took some blood to test for Spina Bifida - just a routine test. We should get the results in about a week. I got my H1N1 vaccine as well. I continue to spot if I overdo it, so we just need to make sure I take it easy! We discussed the difference in birth weight between Ricky and Everett and how I have failed the initial glucose screenings with both Ricky and Everett. The doctor thinks that Everett's size was to to undiagnosed Gestational Diabetes. So he told me to go ahead and cut back on carbs and unneccessary sugars. Don't know how cutting back on carbs will go being a vegetarian, but it looks like I am going to have to try to drink some water! At our next visit we will get an ultrasound. They will do all the measurements and check all the organs, etc. Can't wait to see Sawyer again! At 24 weeks they will test my glucose levels. I am still feeling nauseous - hoping for some relief on that count! We have worked on the nursery and almost have it completed! All we have left are putting things up on the walls! I even have all the preemie, newborn, and 0-3 month clothes folded and put away! All we need is Sawyer! Though we have a long time still to wait! We are looking forward to meeting our newest addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment