Thursday, January 13, 2011

Polar Express

We have been looking forward to the Polar Express for quite some time! We tried to get tickets last year and had no luck! So Grammy got us first class tickets! When we got on the train it was a nightmare come true! Every table had a bowl of mixed nuts on it! Ricky is severely allergic to nuts, and Everett is allergic to tree nuts. Grammy took charge and had them remove all the nuts! Which was not an easy feat! Some people were very attached to their nuts! SERIOUSLY?!? It was not an easy moment for Mommy! It broke my heart to see Ricky so terrified! He still had a lingering cough from the RSV, and so when he was coughing he said, "oh no Mommy I am coughing!" He was so worried he was having a reaction! We didn't let him touch anything the whole time. He sat in Daddy's lap or Uncle Ryan and Aunt Jenny's lap! At the end, we were exited before anyone else. The lady who ran things on the train car was wonderful and did a great job handling the situation. But it was horrifying for us! We got off and went straight to a Walgreens to buy Benedryl to give to both boys. Fortunately, everything turned out ok! But the next day, Ricky said to me, "Mommy I don't want to do the Polar Express ever again because it was so scary. I thought I was going to die!" Oh how my heart broke! It hurts every time I think about it. I wish I could make life easier for him! But I also know we are very fortunate! If we hadn't had that experience, the Polar Express would have been a really neat trip. Who would have thought they would have served nuts in this day and age with all the food allergies among children!?!

Sawyer in a high chair - so happy!

Sweet Boys!


Ricky, Uncle Ryan, and Everett 

Daddy and Sawyer

Ready and Waiting

Checking the board

Uncle Ryan and Everett

Patiently Waiting

Here it Comes!

My guys

Two Peas in a Pod

Our lifesaver - punching tickets

Ricky with Aunt Jenny and Uncle Ryan


Sawyer was out! Sweet Boy!

Ricky spotted Santa!

Ryan and Ricky

Grammy and Everett

The boys with their Aunt and Uncle

No comments:

Post a Comment