Thursday, March 24, 2011

We're Pregnant....Again!!!


So my lower back was killing me and I was beginning to think I had a kidney infection. Then I could tell my thryroid was out of whack, so I was thinking I needed to go in to have that checked. Then I noticed the smell of gasoline was making me feel sick and I was feeling a little whoozy. I was exhausted - which is not unusual considering my boys keep me so active! Then I noticed when I was looking at the computer screen I was having trouble seeing. That was when I put everything all together and realized "Whoa!" So after school I went by CVS for a test. Of course I ran into one of my students there, so I was hiding out between the aisles before I could check out. I picked up Ricky from school and went to pick up Everett and Sawyer. When I got there, I found out they were going to be moving this summer! I am happy for the Corkern family and their new opportunities, but very sad for the Kuhn family. And the timing was not ideal to say the least! I already knew what I was going to confirm as soon as I got home. I took the test and it was an immediate positive! I have always wanted four children! So what a blessing it came so easy to us! The next day I went to the doctor and it was confirmed again and bloodwork was taken. My HCG levels were 289. They had me come back 11 days later and my levels were 7,995! Which was great news! My thryoid was out of whack, so they increased my medication. I get a little queasy when I need to eat, but otherwise I feel great! I don't have morning sickness, all day sickness, or nighttime sickness which I had all of the above with Everett and Sawyer! So I am feeling pretty lucky! I quit nursing as soon as I found out. The doctor said that nursing takes a lot out of your body, growing a baby takes a lot out of your body, and I don't have a lot of body to begin with. So it was a no go on the nursing!
At our first ultrasound, we found out we were 8 weeks along and the due date is November 1st. The heartbeat is 162 bpm. Watching the precious little heart beating gets me every time! We are so blessed! The baby measures 1.41 cm. I have not put on any weight in the first 8 weeks. I now have a little nausea during the night, but mostly just don't have much of an appetitie. I feel pretty great! After the appointment we went home and told the boys. They were so excited! They can't wait! Check out the video of their reaction!



1 comment: