Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Astros - Diamond Club

Rick and I had the best date! More than likely it will probably be our last one before Sawyer gets here! Rick has been working on a project at work and it was time for the presentation. His boss presents their work on the project to his boss and other big wigs of the company. Last week, Rick's boss came to Rick minutes before the presentation with food poisoning and asked Rick if he could do the presentation. So without time to prepare to present, Rick waltzed into the meeting and presented to his Boss's Boss and other important people, and knocked their socks off! For doing so well, he was rewarded with Diamond Club Astro's tickets! Our school had just toured Minute Maid Park, so I knew how great these seats were and about all the perks that went with them! And I knew the seats were very pricey (these were $375 a piece!) So I was very excited to have this opportunity! I was going to leave school, pick up the boys, take them home where my mom would meet us, and head with Rick to the game. I got in the parking lot, in 90 degree+ weather/36 weeks pregnant, and my car wouldn't start! Some wonderful people I work with tried to jump start my car, but we had no luck! I was so fortunate that one of my students and his dad drove by and stopped to check on me. He tried helping us jumpstart the car too with no luck! So he took my battery out, took me to the auto parts store to get a new battery, took me back, and put the battery in my car! And thank goodness it started! So, after almost an hour and a half in the heat, I raced to pick up the boys, met my mom at my house, and turned around and left with Rick to go to the game! I didn't look or probably smell great, but knew we were going to have a great time! We got there and entered the diamond club where we were treated like royalty! We dined in the Diamond Club at their five star unlimited buffet. Then we went out to our seats where we were served by our own personal waiter! We were so close to home plate - we were closer to the batter than the pitcher was to the batter! It was a great game! The Astros beat the Rockies 7 to 3 ending their 5 game losing streak! What a night!





Drayton Mclane, owner of the Astros, sat right behind us!
This is Pedro Feliz. He scored a run here. He is one of the Astros that came to visit our school earlier in the year and met with my class!


1 comment: