Friday, February 24, 2012

Emerson's First "Cold"

Emerson had his first "cold". And like my other boys, when they get it they go all the way! It started Monday. Tuesday he went to the doctor and had an ear infection. He was given an antibiotic. By Wednesday night he was wheezing and had labored breathing. I went ahead and gave him a breathing treatment on my own. With my unfortunate abundance of experience, I was fully confident that's what he needed. Thursday morning he was back at the doctor. In the office they gave him a stronger nebulizer treatment and a steroid. They sent him home on breathing treatments every four hours and to continue the steroid for the next four days. Poor little guy has not been sleeping AT ALL!  For his first time to be sick he isn't messing around! He is causing his mommy and daddy lots of worry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment