Thursday, March 4, 2010

24 Weeks Pregnant - What a trip!

On March 1, I decided to take a little trip or rather a fall! I fell down our stairs. I skipped several steps and landed a couple times before coming to a stop. It was scary, but I was able to get up and walk. The fall was jarring, and my neck, back, and stomach muscles all hurt. I went ahead into work and called the doctor. The nurse told me to drink some juice and check for movement. I called back and left a message that I did feel movement. Finally, at three o'clock when they called me back, they told me to head over to Labor and Delivery at the hospital because the doctor wanted to monitor the baby. So I left and got there a little before 3:30. They hooked me up to a fetal monitor and monitored contractions. Sawyer did not like the fetal monitor! He was a feisty little guy! For hours he kicked and hit the fetal monitor! His heartrate was very good - what a relief! I had random contractions but nothing regular. They sent me to ultrasound to check for any tearing of the placenta. After awhile, the technician turned the monitor and let me see Sawyer! It was almost like he looked straight at me and blinked his big, round eyes! Then he stretched and gave the biggest yawn! I guess he was worn out too! It was so sweet, and such a relief to see my little guy doing well! They monitored him again while waiting for the results. There were no tears, and everything looked great! We couldn't have had better news! So after five hours in L&D I was finally able to go home! Thanks to Allison and my mom for coming up to check on me and help break up the time! I got home at 9:00, ate a sandwich, took two Tylenol PM and went to bed. I took the next day off to recover! I took the boys to the sitter, came home, took another Tylenol PM, and went back to bed until noon! I was sore, but the rest helped immensely! I went back to the doctor for my check up, and Sawyer's heartbeat was good and strong! That night I almost fell again going up the stairs! I guess my balance is off, so I will be holding the railing going up and down the stairs! I went back to work the next day. I am still sore, but feel so lucky with how things turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Scary - but glad you are okay. I fell down our stairs when pregnant with Cameron and landed square on my tailbone. PAIN!!! All was well for me, too, but that didn't help with the whole comfort issue. Glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete