Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sawyer - 32 Weeks

We had our 32 week appointment and it went very well! They did an ultrasound and he looked great! This was good news as this is the point at which I went into preterm labor with Everett. Sawyer wasn't cooperative photo shoot wise, so we didn't get very good pictures. But it was wonderful to see him and to see that everything is going so well! He is head down already and in the right position for delivery. I wasn't surprised because I can feel his head hitting my cervix! He was opening and closing his eyes, yawning, and swallowing. But most of the time he kept both arms in front of his face. His heartbeat was 176 beats per minute. He weighs approximately 4 pounds. And he is expected to be in the 41st percentile at birth. At 32 weeks Everett was already measuring 2 weeks bigger, so it looks like Sawyer is going to be closer to average. The technician estimates around 7 pounds. She said she would be shocked if he was bigger than 7 1/2 pounds. That would put him bigger than Ricky and smaller than Everett. We can't wait to see! I put on 4 pounds this month - finally! So I am up to a total of 16 pounds - weighing in at 126 pounds. Not bad for 8 months pregnant! This is a lot less than I had put on with Ricky and Everett at this point, but Sawyer is growing and healthy, so no worries there! Maybe my big weight gain will come at the end. With Everett at 32 weeks I had put on 28 pounds and that was the total amount I ever put on. With Ricky I put on 8 pounds in one week toward the end (yikes!) - for a total of 35 pounds. So anything can happen. Ricky and Everett talk to Sawyer all the time. They include him in everything! In the mornings when I drop them off, Everett tells me he is going to miss me and Sawyer! Ricky tells me he loves everyone in our family - Momma, Daddy, Everett, Sawyer, and Dante! They go in his room and put their stuffed animals in his crib and swing for him! We just can't wait to meet our little guy and hold him in our arms!

Sawyer is getting so big!

Squinting his eyes at us.

Boy parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment